Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Deuteronomy 32:48-34:12

Exhaustion and computer stupidity have been working against me.  In fact, in the next week or so we will likely have to reinstall our operating system and I will have to reinstall my Bible software and recreate my reading plan.  I'm not sure yet what that will do to affect my blogging schedule here, but for the sake of accountability, I'll post an update here.

It's understandable why the Jews held Moses in such reverence.  The end of Deuteronomy attests to the fact that, as of the writing of the end of the book, no such prophet had arisen in Israel to rival him.  No one, miracle for miracle, could match him, not in their intimacy with God, nor their foretellings.  No prophet in Israel ever rose to rival him, until the Christ.  And the Christ, being God, far superseded Moses.  Christ was the one Moses saw coming.   Moses was a great man.  A fallible man, but a great one.  And yet, he is not the Christ.  And he would likely have given his eye-teeth to have seen Him. 

Do you ever wonder where God buried Moses?

Next reading: Joshua 1:1-2:24 (which I intend to catch-up with tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment