Saturday, May 22, 2010

Job 25:1-6

Good thing today's is a short reading, and therefore a short posting!  Except for a brief period of shared time on the internet this morning, I haven't had it all day.  (And yes, I had to share with Nick, which isn't amenable to blog-posting.)  I keep telling myself it's only a matter of months until we move into our apartment in what will one day be our renovated home... but until then I will just continue to practice patience as I try to work around everyone's needs to work on this project. :)

Bildad's brevity is not a sign of gaining wisdom and learning to choose his words carefully.  No, instead, it's a sign he's running out of things to say.  His theme is basically that God is Great and that in the face of His sovereignty no man is worth much.  In fact, he calls us all maggots.  How nice. Eliphaz and Bildad paint quite the bleak picture of humanity, don't they?  I just makes me so eager to hear what Zophar would say!

But it got me to thinking: what if I was sitting with Job?  What would I say?  What would you say?  Seriously, what would you say to Job if you were talking with him at this time and listening to his arguments about injustice and the distance of God.  What would you say to him?  I'd like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment