Saturday, August 7, 2010

Accountability

So, accountability is kind of pointless unless it's honest, right?  And that's the point of this blog: accountability.  I want to read through the entire Bible, chronologically, in two years.  I want to be in the Word every day.  Have I done it?  No, not absolutely every day, but most days.  CIY was a huge wrench in my plan.  I was doing my reading, and I was even doing my study and meditation.  And then I intended to come back and get all my blog posts done.  Has it happened?  Not really.  I've found it difficult to sit down and write every day because we've been working on our new house, because my daughter's schedule and sleep habits have been destroyed by the week away (as well as the upset in being at the house every day at varying times), and we've learned that we're expecting another child which completely explains my exhaustion; add into that the fact our internet access is shared and not actually available on my own computer 24-7, not all times with the internet are convenient or even possible for me to write.  Are the blog posts important?  To me, they are.  They're an acknowledgement that I am actually in the Word daily.  But in trying to get the blog posts done, I'm falling behind in the reading.  What is more important: the exercise or the accomplishment?  Really, what's important is that I'm in the Word.

Do I still intend to get caught up on my posts?  Yes, indeed.  But not at the expense of making sure I'm in the Word, and not for the sake of being in the Word for this blog.  So, it may take some time.  But I'll make it there.  Maybe when the work on the house slows, we're moved in, and full internet access is ours again (and then my parents can blissfully have their internet back to themselves, as well).

For now, do I have something to say about my next reading?  Not really.  Did I really think I'd have much to say about Leviticus?  I hoped.  So, I'm actually waiting to write anything about Leviticus 3 until I've had more time to think on it.  After all, a chapter on peace offerings feels like you should have something to say, right?  After all, Christ was the ultimate peace offering, wasn't He?

No comments:

Post a Comment