Saturday, June 26, 2010

Genesis 46:1-47:12

It's been a long day.  I was up at 5:00 am, took myself and my baby girl to Omaha, enjoyed a day of running around the Big O with friends, and then coming back home.  I have read the passage for today, and there's some really good stuff in it.  All about Israel and his family, who's in it, and how they went down to Egypt and how Joseph persuaded Pharaoh to give his family the land of Goshen, the best of the pasture land, and how they even won the right to care for Pharaoh's flocks.  But if I'm honest, I'm a little nauseated from lack of sleep.  So, I am going to bed.  But I hope you've read Genesis 46 and 47.  It's a very poignant reunion between Joseph and Jacob, even describing how Joseph wept on Jacob's shoulder for a good while.  You can tell how much Joseph missed his father.


Tomorrow's Reading: Genesis 47:13-48:22 (We're almost done with Genesis.)

No comments:

Post a Comment