Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Exodus 22:1-23:9

Can...not... concentrate!  Seriously.  I'm having a hard time sitting down to write a post on this passage.  Do you ever have that?  Where no matter how hard you try, you can't just concentrate on the Word before you?  I've got too many things running through my head.  Too many distractions.  The internet is distracting.  And unfortunately necessary to posting.  I've been at this computer for over an hour and have accomplished nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  I just can't buckle down and seriously think about the passage.  Hopefully, I'll do better tomorrow.

One thing that struck me, though, is that God ordained that whenever a trust is broken, both parties must go before the Lord.  Of course, it's talking about stealing, but isn't that a good measure for relationships?  Obviously, the first thing we should do whenever a difficulty or crisis comes up is to go to the Lord!  But just imagine, if a trust is broken between you and someone else, if you both went to inquire of the Lord... how much faster do you think the rift would be mended?  That's such good advice... for everything.

Tomorrow's Reading: Exodus 23:10-24:18

No comments:

Post a Comment