Thursday, July 1, 2010

Exodus 4:1-31

A busy day, a crying baby who hasn't slept, and preparing for d-group (high school girls small group) has precluded me from doing much thinking or reflecting on my reading today.  Today's reading: God gives Moses powerful signs to prove he is in God's favor, a staff that will turn into a snake and to bring his hand from his cloak covered in leprosy, only to put it back in the cloak to be revealed again as healed..  Now, of course, the Egyptian magicians will be able to fake some facsimiles of these signs, and a few others that Moses might do, and Pharaoh will be hardened.  Also, there is that weird little passage where God almost kills Moses because his son is uncircumcised.  I don't have any insight that the Bible Knowledge Commentary, the Teacher's Commentary, The New Bible Commentary, or a host of others might not reveal to you, so I leave it to them.  But I do need to leave off now and put my daughter to bed before another meltdown hits.

Tomorrow's Reading: Exodus 5:1-6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment