Sunday, July 25, 2010

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program....

It always happens: when CIY comes around, it suddenly consumes your life.  And not always in a good way.  I have spent the day attending church and CIY meetings, doing laundry for CIY, packing for CIY, and because I went ahead and watched a few TV programs to unwind, I am still up without having been able to read my reading for the day, and in the morning I"m leaving for CIY.

I will be gone the entire week.  I seriously considered reading all my readings ahead of time (because there's rarely time for your own study at CIY, unless you truly do want only three hours of sleep.  Seriously).  I thought then I could write up my posts and schedule them to be published like clockwork throughout the week.  But that would fail the point of the exercise.  The point of this exercise is to be in the Word ever day for my own nourishment.  So, I've jotted down the next week's readings, including the one I'm behind with, and the one I didn't get done today (so, really, more than an entire week of reading) to take with me and work on.  Maybe I can get caught up in the car. 

I'm going to need some coffee.

I take with me a little notebook to jot down my thoughts as I study and read and pray and meditate on the Scriptures.  From these, I intend to come back and catch up on the posts.  I really want there to be a post for each day, even if I can't post every day.  Since I'm not blessed with a laptop with Wi-Fi capabilities (or a laptop at all).  And I'm not actually asking for one from "Santa Claus": my list for kitchen tools is far too long.  A laptop can wait until a more financially viable time (long after this blog is done...).

So, for the week, I say goodnight and ta ta.  Pray for our safety as we go so far from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment